RTG Match Play 21 is among the best free blackjack variants you can play for real money. The game has gained great popularity thanks to its easy-to-learn rules which are similar to the classic Blackjack rules.
Game Mechanics – How to Play Match Play 21
In the beginning, you are dealt 2 cards face up, and the dealer receives 2 cards, one is face-up, another – face-down. The aim of the game is to get closer to 21 points than the dealer, without busting. The hand called Blackjack wins automatically; this consists of 21 points with two cards. All cards 2 to 9 have their face value, face cards have a value of 10 points, and Aces value is 1 or 10 points, depending on what is needed to make your hand better.
In Match Play 21, the 10s cards are removed from the deck unlike in the other blackjack casino games. You win when you get Blackjack, or your hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand while still not exceeding 21 points, or when the dealer busts. The dealer has to hit on any hard total of 16 or below and on any soft total of 17 or below; the dealer has to stand on any hard total of 17 or above, and on any soft total of 18 or above. The game has insurance as an additional bet that the dealer hits Blackjack; this costs half of your original bet and pays 2:1.
- The highest payout is 40:1 paid for the Match Play 21, three 7 cards of the same suit.
- The following combinations pay 3:1: 7-7-7 all spades, 6-7-8 all spades, seven-card or more 21.
- The combinations that pay 2:1 are: 7-7-7 of the same suit, 6-7-8 of the same suit, and 6-card 21.
- The 3:2 paying combinations are: Blackjack in the first hand only, any 7-7-7, any 6-7-8, and five-card 21.
- Even money is given when the player has any 21, or other winning hands.
Match Play 21 is among the best casino games online you can play for real money or play free. It has realistic gameplay and easy rules. We recommend trying out this and other RTG online casino games for the best online casino experience.